List of some freelancing tools I use as a webdeveloper.
Follow me on Instagram: @dario.evaristo.bellotta
- Stackoverflow: Developer forum every dev uses, including me in daily basis. If you get stuck in your code – go to stackoverflow – they have the answer
- MDBoostrap: Bootstrap framework for websites. I use the “WP Bootstrap Starter” for all of my WordPress websites. It also has some good pre-written code examples
- Google Tools: There are a lot of great free to use tools from Google for developing
- Search Console: Always set this up for your website. If you use wordpress also install “Site Kit by Google”
- Analytics: Metrics for your website.Indispensable. If you use WordPress also install “Site Kit by Google”
- Pagespeed: Rates your website (desktop and mobile) from 0 to 100 for SEO. Following these steps will improve your website by far
- Test My Site: Checks your website for mobile devices, especially with a 4G connection
- Dotcom Tools Website Speed Test: Best testing site I’ve seen so far for checking your website speed
- Critical Path CSS Generator: Generates CSS code for avoiding render blocking. Put this code in your head and let your site load your CSS file at the bottom.
- CSS Autoprefixer: Always paste your CSS Code into this tool to make sure you have all vendor prefixes, like the ones for Safari.
- XML Sitemap Generator: Generate your sitemap and put it in your main root folder. And don’t forget to submit it in your Google Search Console.
- Faviconit: Generates favicons in all sizes you need.
- GZIP Compression Check: Check if your htaccess is set up correctly and GZIP compression is active.
- Cloudways: One of the best hosting companies I’ve seen. Especially if you’re running an E-Shop and you have to scale your server up.
- Cloudflare: Free to use CDN Network if your site has a lot of sessions from all over the world.
- Canva.com: My choice for Social Media posts. I use it for Slides, Reels, TikTok, profile pictures, headers, website images, Social Media ads and more
- ILoveImg: Mainly for compressing images. Always compress them for websites. You can also scale images quickly
- Adobe Photoshop: What should I say? You know it
- Adobe Dimension: Designing in 3D feels very smooth and easy with Dimension. Good for product mockups
- Flaticon: A lot of Icons for your projects
- Google Tools: Google Workspace has a lot of great general tools for working
- Language Tool: Check your English grammar before you release your text.
- Facebook Tools:
- Google Tools: Away from Social Media you can use Google to advertise
- Merchants: For your E-Commerce business, set up a product feed an advertise on Google Shopping
- Ads: Google Ads has a variety of options to advertise, like Search Ads, Adsense Ads or YouTube.
- Tag Manager: Tag your website to track user behavior
- Keyword Planner: You have to have an AD active to use Keyword Planner nowdays
- Trends: See all search trends for google and get the hottest topics
- Sistrix Hashtag Generator: Search for necessary keywords for your posts or campaigns
- Sistrix Meta Snippets: Check or create your meta tags with this tool to ensure its length is good
- Google Ranking Check Free: Check single keywords on your ranking in Google
YouTube Channel to follow:
- Design Course: “I teach full stack development! Which means you will see tutorials regarding UI/UX, Frontend Dev, Backend Dev, Graphic Design and more!”
- Google Chrome Developers: Official Google web developer channel
- Freecodecamp.org: Most known YouTube Channel for developer
Last Update: July 21th 2022